E N T E R A | P A N A I S | P R O D U C T I O N S

Welcome to A|P Anais Productions. Here, you will find information about the photography and art projects associated with Anais Productions and Sam, links to websites relating to the work I am interested in pursuing and the portfolios of those I have worked with, and behind the scenes access to all the behind the scenes stuff you don't get to see through photos! My blog is updated bi-weekly, but be sure to check back frequently. Feel free to contact me for collaborative efforts!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What a week!

Hello Blog readers! What a chaotic week it's been! First, I received some bad news from UNLV about my attending classes there, so I basically have to petition the school to fix my transcript so I can switch my major. So, if everything works out, I will officially be a Sociology major by the end of next Spring! And graduation soon after. Let me tell you, switching your major can be mind numbing, and a big pain in the butt! All the advice I can give is: don't give up, sometimes it really IS a bad time to go to school, and your life and safety are more important than any education can give you. As long as you're breathing, you're still alive.

On that note, most of my projects, if not all for the time being have come to a dramatic halt. Hopefully work should resume within two weeks, but there's no way to say that. These extra UNLV scheduling conflicts stretch me a bit, and also all the money I spent on tuition left me on a loss for new equipment that needs to be replaced! On a more positive tone though, I will be having more time to volunteer for the Desiree Conference in July!

For those of you who I had to cancel with this week, I truly apologize! There was no way to predict the strange turn of events that has unfolded over the past week or so, and well, I'm not sure quite what to do. Getting back to my art will be a little difficult, and I'm re-sending out my CDs to my clients because it seems as if they have not received them yet! But if you did receive your package, let a brotha know! I know I lost out on a lot of good work this week, and I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time. I will find a way to repay you guys.

Some photo news though. Last night I finished another photo set with The Sancho Johnny Band at the Island Grille, and the lighting was fabulous, although I didn't take too many photos because I was recording a lot of video. Please do not try to hug me while I am filming video! Our whole conversation will get picked up on camera, and kill my sound quality! There was a cool strobe light lava fog machine that added a nice touch to the abundant psychedelic lights. I had an extra set of hands from a fellow video man I know, and we got the job done.

Now, here's what sucks about everything. My computer is about to give up on me. My poor laptop cannot handle all the workflow I've had lately, and I need to upgrade! It is taking FOREVER, literally, to upload my photos and edit them! I also need to upgrade my version of Photoshop, but how to come up with that money! So, I will be having a few Ebay auctions for my old music memorabilia I've collected over the years. I don't expect to make a lot, but I could really use the space instead.
I know this post is kind of all over the place, but that's how I feel right now. My ModelMayhem probably will NOT be approved because my computer always resets my submissions! So, lots of things going on, just not a lot getting accomplished.

Thanks for listening everyone!
XOXO, sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message