E N T E R A | P A N A I S | P R O D U C T I O N S

Welcome to A|P Anais Productions. Here, you will find information about the photography and art projects associated with Anais Productions and Sam, links to websites relating to the work I am interested in pursuing and the portfolios of those I have worked with, and behind the scenes access to all the behind the scenes stuff you don't get to see through photos! My blog is updated bi-weekly, but be sure to check back frequently. Feel free to contact me for collaborative efforts!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Update

Hello everyone! As I am posting this blog I am extremely exhausted! Starting the new semester and balancing photography and everything else is quite the chore I never thought it would be. After today I have had a lot to think about with what direction I want to take my photography in. I don't want to say I'm disheartened, but rather I'm more informed of many more obstacles to overcome in the photo and art world, whereas before I was uninformed, misinformed, or a little ignorant; I'm not sure. I have decided to make a few changes to the Blog in order to maintain the privacy of who I work with. I learned a lot of little tips for stuff like this today after my meeting, and in my next post I'll be sure to mention what I've gathered.

There is also a major sale going on at the shoe store where I get most of my shoes from! There is a little place at the Boulevard Mall, or should I say a pretty big shoe store. They have all kinds of heels, fetish booth, platforms, stilettos, flats, all kinds of stuff. And, they ALWAYS have a rack of clearance shoes that are ALL ONLY $10! I get knee high kink boots for cheap, and you should check them out! They have discounts for exotic dancers and performers if you show proof of employment like your Sheriff's Card, or your time clock stub with stage name. I usually stock up on 5-6 pairs of shoes at a time, in multiple colors. Sometimes the clearance shoes are only in the really small and really large sizes, like 5-6 and 10-12, but since I have a petite foot and all my shoe models have petite feet, this is an ultra score because it is so hard to find sexy shoes in that size, in stock, and for that cheap, with such variety!

Photographic updates! I had my meeting with Terrell and we discussed too much stuff today! I have a lot to look forward to with prepping myself legally with my documentation for photo shoots, so I will be investing in new equipment very soon! I need to upgrade my camera and flash kits. Regarding federal laws, it is a pain in the butt to be a legitimate artist with pure curiosity in the human form, without all your work being regarded as obscene, whether nude or not. Hopefully we will be collaborating together soon! You can check out his blog at www.photoanthems.blogspot.com. He is a very wonderful, intelligent, and professional man, and I look to him to guide me in my projects, and bounce ideas off of each other. We both share a lot of curiosities about the human condition, lowering your guard and accepting yourself, and social taboos.

A few changes that you can expect to see in the blog. I will be deleting the Conspirators page and adding a Links page instead. I am preserving the privacy of my models, and will have limited contact information available for them, but they will be linked on the upcoming shoots page, and on the daily blog updates! I decided to remove the page because I did not want to cross-link a hundred times in my blog, and some models do not want to be credited for their work. Thank you for understanding the changes! Also, the gallery has been changed to accommodate those accreditation changes. I have updated the links on my gallery page with Maxx, Lisa for styling (hair and make-up) and her modeling profile Lisa Savage.

I've been watching some documentaries lately. I don't really like to give products free promotion, but if you do not have Netflix on PS3, you need to get it! It's $10 a month or something, and you stream your movies online via your Playstation. What's great is that as you watch movies, Netflix adds more movies to your library similar to the ones you already watched, sort of like an iTunes Genius playlist. So, it creates these new genre tabs you have to select from. In my genre tabs I have: In these tabs I have seen some crazy movies! Some are disturbing, and a lot are sexual, some are violent. The awesome thing about Netflix is it has so many movies to look at! They have A LOT of foreign films, and foreign classics, their genres are so vast and almost comprehensive. The only bad thing is not being able to listen to a foreign movie because I don't understand the language, and I have to read subtitles. They also have a lot of really old movies too, like 1929 era and so on. In summary, if you do not have Netflix get it now! It was cheaper than going to a movie, or even renting 3 movies.

I'd like to tell you guys about a couple things I've watched lately. 
The documentary "Naked States" is about photographer Spencer Tunick, 2000, and directed by Arlene Donnelly. Spencer Tunick

I also watched the documentary "Sick," featuring Bob Flanagan, 1997, and directed by Kirby Dick. This was perhaps one of the most curiously fascinating movies I've ever seen, ever. Performance and visual artist Bob Flanagan is a sufferer of Cystic Fibrosis, a condition where the lungs produce excess mucus, resulting in constant coughing and frequent infections of the lungs. The afflicted usually die young from this disease, but Bob is one of the oldest known survivors. He has been interested in extreme S/M and bondage, all types of things from whips, chains, tazers, excrement, nailing your body (literally) to a board, and other extreme acts. By learning to control the amount of pain in his life according to his terms, he has learned to manage the extreme pain associated with Cystic Fibrosis. I find his story really compelling, and I can identify. I've always felt that being able to control your pain is another way of being able to control the reality around you, and that pain is a necessary part of development, growth, and learning for an individual. I can't even put into words about how about I feel about this guy, but he is awesome! If you are willing to open your mind, and have a solid stomach, check out this film! Viewer beware, it is a bit "extreme" and not for the faint of heart. You may actually already know Bob Flanagan from Nine Inch Nails' "Happiness in Slavery" video, which you can watch here on YouTube. YES, what he does there IS REAL!

DISCLAIMER:
Also, a word to the models I will be shooting from now on. I will be changing my protocol and taking more documentation for my photo shoots since some of the work I do is nude. 
HOWEVER, I WILL NOT DISPLAY ANY ADULT PHOTOS OR VIDEO ON MY BLOG
I may provide an occasional link to other work I'm interested in though. (If) at any point I decide I would like to showcase that work publicly, I will inform the public then. So until then, please remember I am not trying to exploit, harm, or defame anybody. I have pure intent and curiosity. So please remember, especially if you are a prospective client with a child I will be shooting, that your images WILL NEVER EVER be given to someone else for malicious purposes, you will never be exploited by me or my affiliates!

I know my post is a little scattery brained, but bare with me! I'm so sleepy!
Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message