E N T E R A | P A N A I S | P R O D U C T I O N S

Welcome to A|P Anais Productions. Here, you will find information about the photography and art projects associated with Anais Productions and Sam, links to websites relating to the work I am interested in pursuing and the portfolios of those I have worked with, and behind the scenes access to all the behind the scenes stuff you don't get to see through photos! My blog is updated bi-weekly, but be sure to check back frequently. Feel free to contact me for collaborative efforts!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

GaGaKlein

Checking out Lady GaGa's new video "Alejandro"... I'm not so sure what I can say about it? Eh eh eh. The whole Gaga Klein thing is all Germany/fetishy/SS, and I really like the uniforms. All the action and the gun bra remind me of Madonna, and erotic like her "Justify My Love" video. As far as the new look, I'm not so sure. The glasses/hatpiece she wears in the beginning is amazing though! It reminds me of the uniform of the SS assassin from HellBoy. I can't wait to see what her newest alter ego will be after this!

And since I'm procrastinating, let's talk about more music videos! Not a lot of people will admit what I'm about to say, but I have been a fan of Aqua since I was in middle school. I remember them being all cartoonish, then futuristic/cyber, and now they're all creepy. Their video "Mamma Said" reminds me of 30 Seconds To Mars/Rammstein "Du Hast" Quentin-Tarantino like video. They said "goodbye to the circus," and now "the adventure continues."

Also, some old favorites. Speaking of Rammstein, all their videos are pretty much weird and intoxicating. Be sure to check out "Engel," "Sonne," and "Feuer Frei!" The "Sonne" video is a bit strange though. I've seen several different versions of the video, and all have subtle differences. The "Feuer Frei!" video is a great picture of how their live shows are, with lots of pyrotechnics, fire, explosions, flame throwers, all kinds of fun stuff! Their lives performances are pretty homoerotic I suppose, but hey that's Germans. Part of the awesome thing about this band is that they are so huge in everywhere else in the world, or at least they were, and they have so much work that can always be found. There's always a new discovery with them, it seems! I have always been a fan of Orgy, and their video "Stitches" from their album Candyass turned me onto the fashion line Lip Service, of LA. I love that band to death, their music and sound were all so new and awesome to me when I was a wee one. I also dig on some Freezepop, and love how lo-fi and DIY their videos are, like "Brain Power." They are fun poppy synth program electro, and they are self managed. And awesome!

The Crystal Method "Trip Like I Do," (oh my god this is the best), Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" is an acid trip within itself, their other video "Breathe," A lot of my friends have been giving me crap about just now discovering La Roux, but check out her video "Bulletproof" because it's totally like an 80's time warp. "You Take My Breath Away" by The Knife is just SUPER 80's ridiculous. Ladytron's "Destroy Everything You Touch" is superbly awesome, and go sexy Matt Goss with "Evil." This is his original version, but his Dave Aude Remix is my favorite. I'm a fan of Big Band old fashion swing sound and sight, so I feel so jazzbluesyamericano cool classic retro. Switching it up, I love Rob Zombie, almost most favorite even if his music blows sometimes. Classics, "Living Dead Girl," and "Return of the Phantom Stranger." His videos are very creepy, very designed, and have an aged macabre look to them that I can't get enough of. I remember being at his world premier at the Palms, and I was just so much in awe to be like finally, I feel artistically blessed just being in your presence!

A creepy excerpt from The Cell, the creepy movie with Jennifer Lopez that surprisingly had AMAZING DESIGN AND VISUALS! More here, and here. Of course, the cursed video from "The Ring."

Of course, if you can't handle all this, then be sure to learn yo self on the Intrusive Thoughts that may disturb you after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message